- In this agreement the following terms shall have the meanings hereby respectively assigned to them;
DRIVER: The hirer and/or other persons named as such overleaf or any other person specifically approved by the Lessor to drive the vehicle during the duration of this agreement.
ACCESSORIES: The spare wheel, tools and other items with which the vehicle is supplied with and any other replacements.
RENTAL PERIOD: The period from the date and time stated overleaf until the re-delivery of the vehicle into the physical custody of the Lessor
RENTAL CHARGES: The hire charges for the rental period in accordance with
the Lessors current tariffs.
- The hirer acknowledges that;
- The vehicle is fit for the hirers purpose and is in good condition and undertakes to return it and its accessories in the same condition, (fair wear and tear accepted), to the site on the date due back.
- The hirer has received the vehicle free from defects or damage (as indicated on the damage check sheet) and the Lessor has no liability in respect of injury, loss or damage arising from the use of the vehicle. Nor shall the Lessor be liable for any damages arising from defects or mechanical failures, which are not attributable to any breach of the manufacturer warranty or any warranty implied by the law to take reasonable, care or exercise reasonable skill.
- The hirer is responsible for the number of passengers carried in the vehicle in conjunction with seat belts law.
- During the rental period the hirer shall keep the vehicle and its accessories in his or any approved drivers possession and free from legal processor lien and when not in use is adequately protected and secured.
- During the rental period the vehicle shall not be used:
- For towing any vehicle, trailer or other object, unless approved by Roadtrip Rentals ltd as indicated on rental agreement.
- In any manner which might render or void the insurance policy or other contact of insurance
- For any illegal purpose or in contravention of any affecting the vehicle, its use or construction.
- By any person who;
- Is not licensed to drive the vehicle
- Is younger than the age of 24 or over the age of 75
- Is younger than the age of 30 or over the age of 75 on the ‘Luxury Motorhome’ Model
- Is under the influence of drinks or drugs
- Has given a false name, age or address
- Has not been approved by the lessor as a driver
- Has been convicted of a motoring offence and the details of which have not been disclosed in writing to the lessor at the commencement of hire
- Or taken outside of England, Scotland or Wales without prior consent.
- We do allow vehicle outside of the above, we just need to be informed
- The hirer agrees to pay on demand
- Rental charges for the entire hire period (early return does not warrant refund of hire charges)
- Any appropriate excess waiver or personal accident, personal effects or goods in transit, insurance fees and refuelling and miscellaneous charges
- The excess amount in respect of each incident resulting in damage to or loss of the vehicle, its accessories or any other property left stored or transported in or upon the vehicle
- In addition to insurance excess the hirer in still responsible for damage caused to the vehicle which is not covered by insurance, such as breakages and items missing or damaged.
- All fines and court costs incurred in relation to the vehicle by the hirer or Lessor from the commencement of the rental until the vehicle is returned to the lessor, except where caused through the fault of the lessor.
- Any value tax local or other taxes payable in respect of any of the above.
On payment by the hirer of the excess waiver fee the hirer will not be liable to pay the excess amount. This cover is optional. Notwithstanding such a fee the hirer will be responsible. For the payment of the access amount if the loss or damage to the vehicle or accessories arises from negligent, or wilful action of the hirer or any other driver. Your liability for the windscreen chips, cracks or kerbed tyres is not waived by the excess waiver.
The hirer will be liable for any damage, fair wear and tear accepted, caused to the vehicle during the rental period up to a maximum amount as required and promoted in our standard tariff incriminating up to £1000 per vehicle. Such deposit will be refunded to the hirer upon the vehicle being returned to the lessor in the satisfactory to the lessor in accordance with these terms and conditions. The expression ‘fair wear and tear’ has its ordinary meaning but does not include such items as the following; burns, rips, upholstery and carpet stains, missing tools, damage to lamps, bumpers, parcel shelves, locks, switches, tyres and glass.
The hirer and any driver shall;
- Ensure compliance with terms, conditions and limitations of the insurance policy(s) which shall be deemed to be included in this agreement as if the same were fully set out herein;
- Inform the lessor immediately of any loss or damage to or fault developing in the vehicle
- At the request and the cost of the lessor permit to be done in his own name all acts and things.
- Indemnify the lessor against any loss incurred by reason of any breach of this agreement by the hirer or any driver
- Ensure the maximum payload and individual axle plated weights are not exceeded
- Be responsible for loading and unloading of the vehicle
- Obtain or maintain any necessary operator license
- You must declare any points or convictions or disqualifications in the last 5 years or any pending.
- You must declare and Motoring Insurance Claims fault or non fault in the last 5 Years or any pending.
The hirer and any other driver shall not;
- Be the agent or servant of the lessor for any purpose
- Make any claim for the loss of or damage to any property left stored or transported in or upon the vehicle.
The period of the hire as specified on hire agreement shall not be exceeded without the lessor’s express authorisation in writing and in any event the period of this agreement shall not exceed 3 months.
If the hirer does not comply with any of these conditions, he shall return the vehicle to the lessor immediately and pay to the lessor on demand any loss it suffers in respect of the hirers noncompliance, failing which the lessor shall be liberty to retake possession of the vehicle and all costs and expenses incidental to recovery of the vehicle shall be paid by the hirer to the lessor on demand.
Any addition to or alteration of the terms and conditions of this agreement shall be null and void unless agreed upon in writing by the parties.
Nothing in these terms and conditions shall be deemed to exclude or restrict the lessors liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence or any of the liability of the lessor which cannot be excluded as a matter of law.
Notwithstanding clause above the hirer shall compensate the lessor in full on demand for any loss it suffers as a result of any damage, fire or theft to or of the vehicle including loss of revenue to the lessor for the period during which shall remain unavailable for rental by reason of such matters and any claims made by any persons in respect of the vehicle whilst it is in the hirers custody.
The hirer/renter is liable for all damage caused to the vehicle while it is on hire to that person
All Hires of our motorised vehicles are subject to a ‘Insurance Excess Deposit’ The amount varies between each vehicle and is clearly shown on the link on booking page. This is done on the day of the hire. However the lessor (Roadtrip Rentals ltd) use your credit or debit card for pre-authorisation, and therefore do not actually take money from your account. The money will be held until satisfaction from lessor that none of our terms and conditions have been broken.
8.7 Roadtrip-Rentals Limited sometimes uses ‘DayInsure’ or other such like insurance companies as well as their own, this depends on the renter and the circumstances. By signing this agreement, you allow Roadtrip-Rentals Limited to book insurance for you on your behalf and you agree that Roadtrip-Rentals Limited have the permission to share your information which is required by the insurance company relating to this rental.
9.1 The Renter agrees that the Deposit/Excess can be used for both insurance claims or all other deductions stated in the rental agreement
9.2 In the event of damage caused to the Motorhome ‘as well’ as an insurance claim made, the cost of the damage is taken out of the deposit first. Then any shortfall of the insurance excess is payable by the Renter/hirer.
The security deposit taken by Roadtrip-Rentals Limited is for both damage caused and insurance excess, the deposit does not mean it covers all damage and insurance excesses, it is a ‘deposit only’, and further payment may be due depending on what damage has been caused and what each policy excess is due. Every hire excess can be different and is available on request.
The lessor generally endeavours to complete this within 3 working days but can take up to seven days in certain circumstances.
A security deposit is taken on the day of collection, it is taken by means of a ‘Pre-Authorisation’ on a credit card. Meaning the money on that day is not taken, we just put a hold on the money for the rental period plus a few days after for the vehicle inspection. As soon as the vehicle has passed our returns inspection the deposit is immediately released.
In the event of an accident or damage
During the renal period the vehicle is your responsibility, just like it is with any rental company. Damage to the vehicle or damage by accident is paid for out of the security deposit. The insurance excess is equal to the security deposit.
In either event of damage or damage by accident is repairable cheaper than the security deposit, we will take out this amount, and refund the balance. We will always get you out of your situation by cheapest means possible.
In the event of BOTH damage to the Motorhome and damage by accident.
We will always pay for the Damage to the motorhome first out of the deposit. Then you will be liable for the damage by accident, meaning if there is enough left in your security deposit to get fixed the damage we will use it, and if not you are liable for the difference, to make it back up to the amount of the insurance excess.
Burstner Luxury 744: £1250
Mid-Sized McLouis: £750
Full-Sized Mirage 5000: £750
Combi Pack, Burstner + BMW RT1250R: £1750
Bike Trailer: £100
Camping Trailer £50
Refunds due to cancellation of booking are as follows:
- Cancel within 7 days of booking Date 100% Refund
- Cancel up to 4 weeks before rental period start date 50% Refund
- After this period zero Refund
Money is payable to the lessor at time of booking, this can be a deposit of 25% or full payment. In the event of paying a deposit the remaining 75% is due to be paid in full 28 days before start date of hire period.
All our vehicles have a very generous allowance of 1000 miles per week included in the price. Obviously if you had the vehicle for 2 weeks then your mileage allowance would be 2000 miles included. Any miles above your allowance will be charged @ 50p per mile.
Smoking in our vehicles is strictly FORBIDDEN… Any evidence found that smoking took place in our vehicles, the deposit will be non-returnable.
Pets are also forbidden in our vehicles, evidence of this happening will mean £250 non-refunded out of deposit for cleaning plus any further costs incurred repairing any damage.